With the best home fitness equipment, you can take charge of your health and fitness. But how do you know what is the best when there are so many competitors and options? That’s what this buying guide is here to help you with.
So, whether you are looking for the best home dumbbell set or the best treadmill, keep reading to learn more about your options!
*Notice: On mobile devices, scroll right to see entire table
The Benefits Of Using At Home Fitness Equipment
There are so many great reasons to invest in the best home workout equipment for your home gym setup. Let’s take a look at just a few of the key benefits:
- Convenient - Having your own personal home gym makes health and fitness convenient. No more going all the way to the gym to workout. No more worrying about squeezing in a workout before work. With equipment at home, you can do it whenever you want.
- More affordable - While the initial investment can seem steep especially if you invest in high end equipment, you do save money in the long run. You save that money by not paying for a gym membership. And by getting yourself healthy enough that you don’t need to go to the doctor as much. You even save money on gas by not having to drive to the gym. And if you have kids, you can potentially save money by not needing a babysitter just so you can go workout.
- Comforts of home - At home, you get your own shower, your own equipment, and your own post-workout fuel. No need to share with sweaty strangers!
- Workout in any weather - With indoor equipment, you can work out any time of the day, any time of the year. It’s the perfect way to stay in shape even in the winter months!
- Workout while watching your favorite shows - Put a stationary bike or treadmill in front of your TV and turn what would normally be a veg-out session on the couch into a health and fitness boosting session on your machine! All without having to give up your favorite shows!
- Workout without needing a babysitter - If working out is just a matter of hopping on your bike or treadmill in your living room, you can be home with your children and still stay in shape!
Whether you’re looking for weight lifting equipment or a machine for cardio, there are just so many reasons to setup a home gym. Now let’s take a look at some of the best home workout equipment!
The Best Fitness Equipment For Home
If you are looking to set up the best home gym for your fitness goals, you will need the best home exercise equipment. That could include things like a home pull up bar, a treadmill or the best yoga ball. The exact items you need depend on what kind of a workout you are looking for and how much space you are working with. Check out some of our picks for top home fitness equipment below:
Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform Fitness Machine
This odd looking device is a surprisingly great workout and more compact than some of the other machines you’ll find. Check out the key specs below:
- Many different ways to use it
- Great for improving muscle strength
- Improves circulation
- Combats cellulite
- Increases bone density
- Low impact exercise
- Display console for tracking key fitness stats and choosing your program
- Adjust with 50 speed settings
- Can support up to 300 pounds
- Compact frame is suitable even for smaller homes
This is a great machine for getting a low impact exercise but it can also be used to take a normal exercise to the next level. The vibrating platform adds an invigorating and new challenge to regular activities like standing or workout activities like squats or leg lifts.
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
For cardio needs, you really can’t do better than a treadmill like this one from LifeSpan. This is quite possibly the best home treadmill you could find without forking out the cash needed for a professional level treadmill. Check out the key specs below:
- 2.5 HP motor for high performance
- 20 by 56 inch running surface
- Advanced deck suspension system can support up to 300 pounds
- Color LCD console
- Tracks the essential stats on your workout including time, distance, calories, speed and so on.
- 21 pre-installed exercise programs geared toward different goals like weight loss, athletic training, healthy living, and heart rate.
- Lifetime warranty for the motor and frame
This is exactly the kind of versatility and reliability you need in a home treadmill. And to top it all off, it’s foldable! So when it’s not in use, lift up the running base so that it it’s not in the way. It’s there when you need it and gone when you don’t!
The main drawback here is the price. It is definitely an investment. And you can certainly find much cheaper treadmills. But if you want something that will last through the years and provide you with the level of quality that this treadmill can offer, you need to be prepared to invest. Plus, you get a great return on investment considering the fact you don’t need to pay for a gym membership and you will be healthier overall which means less spent at the hospital!
Having a treadmill at home is a great idea. It’s perfect for those who normally run outdoors but need an alternative for those less than pleasant times of year. And it’s also great for every fitness level.
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
When compact and out of the way are top priorities for you, these dumbbells from Bowflex are definitely going to be on the top of your list. Check out the key specs below:
- Set of 2 dumbbells
- Each dumbbell can be adjusted to as little as 5 pounds or as much as 52.5 pounds.
- Combines a 15 piece set of weights into one single dumbbell
- 2 year warranty on the weight plates and parts
This is the ultimate way to declutter your home gym space. Rather than having a sprawling mess of different sized dumbbells, you can store an entire set in just these 2. The weight plates are easy to add and remove. And they allow you to adjust by 2.5 pound increments so you have a lot of customizability here.
Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
With the right home workout equipment, you never have to waste time or money on the gym and you can get your workouts done right there in the comfort of your own home. This stationary bike from Sunny Health & Fitness is one of the most popular home fitness equipment options. It is quite possibly the best home exercise bike you could get. Check out the key specs below:
- Dimensions: 20 inches wide, 46.5 inches high, and 48.5 inches long
- 40 pound flywheel
- Smooth chain drive mechanism
- Heavy duty crank
- Adjustable seat and handlebars
- Adjustable resistance system
- Transport wheels
- Can support up to 275 pounds
This is a solid flywheel that will not start to wobble when your pedaling gets intense. And with the adjustable seat and handlebars, you’ll be able to completely customize this bike to the most comfortable position for you. And at the same time, anyone else in your home that wants to use it can do the same.
This is a very reasonably priced bike here and considering how much you save on not paying a monthly gym membership, you’ll earn back your investment in a matter of months. So the key drawback is really just the fact that it needs to be assembled. If you don’t think of yourself as particularly handy, that could become problematic. Luckily, by ordering online, you can opt to pay a modest fee to have it assembled for you on delivery!
This is an excellent stationary exercise bike. With the adjustable resistance and the adjustable seat and handlebars, you’ll be able to customize this bike to your exact needs even as those needs change based on your fitness level! We recommend placing it somewhere where you can use it while watching your favorite TV shows so you are more likely to make a routine out of it!
Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
For an easy to install, easy to use and versatile piece of workout equipment, you definitely want to look into getting a pull up bar like this one from Iron Gym. Check out the key specs below:
- Perfect choice for pullups, chin-ups, dips, crunches, and more
- 3 grip options (narrow, wide, and neutral)
- Easy to install. No screws needed and no damage to your doorway.
This is easy to mount and so versatile in terms of usage. You can perform a lot of different workouts on this bar. And one of the best things about it is that it stays out of the way. You can leave it mounted in your doorway without it getting in the way (unless you are especially tall). Or you can easily dismount it and store it in a closet. It’s compact but it packs a punch!
A home gym is a great way to take charge of your health and fitness. If you are prepared to make the initial investment, the long run savings on gym memberships, hospital bills and other bills will make it all worth it!